CRYO-S ® Painless
Steps to the painless future
Mode selection probe, cleaning and freezing can be performed automatically using footswitch or convenient touch screen which allows to keep the site of a procedure under sterile conditions.
RFiD – electronic communication between the probe and device allows recognition of optimal operating parameters and auto-configures to cryoprobe characteristic. Pressure and gas flow are set automatically, any manual adjustment is not necessary.
Contains automatic cryoprobe test system and two freezing modes (continous and sequential). Probe test system includes autocleaning and short freezing test.
Built-in voice communication for easier work. System informing about key figures during procedure.
Diagnostic nervestimulation built-in helps to distinguish between sensory and motor nerves. It prevents from accidental freezing of motor nerves.
The working medium for CRYO-S ® Painless is carbon dioxide: CO2 (-78°C) or nitrous oxide: N2O (-89°C), very efficient and easy to use gases. A 10 liter cylinder of CO2/N2O serves for approximately 60 procedures.
User friendly interface
CRYO-S ® Painless is controlled by a microprocessor and all the parameters are displayed and monitored on a LCD screen. Cryoprobe temperature, cylinder pressure, gas flow inside of cryobrobe and procedure time are displayed during freezing.
Cryoanalgesia – release from chronic pain
For the patients with chronic pain at the level of over 5 in visual analogue scale (VAS).
The advantages of Cryoanalgesia
- No more “pain killers”
- Immediate pain reduction
- No neuroma formation – no risk of secondary pain
- High efficiency: pain reduction from 6 months to 2 years
- Can be repeated – nerve grows back
- Simple diagnostics: fluoroscopy or echography
- No scar tissue formation
- Suitable for patients with pacemakers and stimulators
- No risk of vessel proliferation and obliteration
- Fast return to normal activity – no hospitalization
- Knee pain prior or secondary to infrapatellar branch of the saphenous nerve, anterior femoral cutaneous nerve, genicular nerve after knee arthroplasty or total knee replacement
- Various types of peripheral neuropathy
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Low back pain and lower extremity pain secondary to lumbar facet joint pathology, pseudosciatica
- Phantom pain
- Morton’s neuroma, heel pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain, cluneal neuralgia, obturator neuritis
- Chest wall pain with multiple conditions including post-thoracotomy neuromas, persistent pain after rib fractures and post herpetic neuralgia in thoracic distribution
- Abdominal and pelvic pain secondary to ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, genitofemoral, subgastric neuralgia, pudendal neuralgia
- Craniofacial pain secondary to trigeminal neuralgia, posterior auricular neuralgia, and glossopharyngeal neuralgia
- Upper extremity pain secondary to suprascapular neuritis and other conditions of peripheral neuritis
30 years of experience
CRYO-S ® PAINLESS state-of-the-art cryosurgical device manufactured by METRUM CRYOFLEX is the next generation of apparatus used by many experts in the field since 1992.
The best cryoprobes ever
The thinnest cryoprobes for cryoanalgesia available on the global pain management market. We are offering both single use and multiple use, easy to sterilize (steam) cryoprobess. The special construction enables precise freezing and fast defrosting.
Cryoprobes are all covered with medical teflon. That is why the stimulation is possible only at the probe tip.
All cryprobes are visible in the ultrasound images- they are hyperechogenic.
The largest range of cryobrobes alows to find the best solution.
No more painkillers
Cryoanalgesia is a minimally invasive and safe procedure recommended especially when traditional methods prove to be unsatisfactory.
How it works?
- Power requirements
- Power 100÷240 V (50/60 Hz) AC
- Maximum power consumption 150 VA
- Cooling medium
- CO2- 78°C or N2O – 89°C
- Maximum pressure 70 bars (CO2) and 55 bars (N2O)
- Working pressure 48÷65 bars (CO2), 38-53 bars (N2O)
- LCD screen (touch)
- Voice information system (information about key figures during procedure)
- Comfortable foot switch controller (dual function)
- Automatic/Manual control of the flow rate parameters
- Automatic gas pressure control
- Freezing temperature control
- Two operation modes (auto and manual)°
- Built-in neurostimulator with 2 types of stimulation (sensory and motor) and variety of options for manual settings
- for motor stimulation: 1 and 2 Hz
- for sensory stimulation: 50, 100, 150, 200 Hz
- Impulse width setting: 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0-5.0 ms
- Standard – cryoprobe is automatically purged before each procedure for several seconds and then a few seconds of testing freezing is performed. In this mode cryoprobe is tested and prepared according to parameters programmed on attached microchip. When such preparation is finished cryoprobe is ready for freezing.
- Service – it starts automatically when decreased flow rate in cryoprobe or cryoprobe blockage is noticed. It can be performed also during the procedure. Service mode is diagnosing and solving problems caused by previous improper use of the cryoprobe.
- Dimensions: 39/42/19 cm
- Weight: 11 kg
Choose the best solution
CRYO-S ® Painless is used by the gratest specialists in the world.
Cryoanalgesia, is a specialized technique for providing long-term pain relief in interventional pain management settings. Cryoanalgesia bases on temporary disruption of neural and motor functions of some parts of the nerve system using extreme cold. Cryolesion is gaining acceptance as an innovative method in pain relief. It bases on the process of analgesia, during which ice crystals created by a cryosurgery device destroys the elements of the nerve tissue carrying pain information. Cryoablation does not damage nerve structures permanently that is why nerve tissues can regenerate slowly with no risk of post-procedural neuritis. The method is safe and minimally invasive, recommended especially when conservative means proved to be ineffecive.
Indications for cryoanalgesia:
- Acute postoperative pain from thoracotomy
- Facial pain syndromes (supra-infra orbital,occipital,mental)
- Suprascapular, Ilio-inguinal and other specific neuralgias
- Facet syndrome – cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral
- Perineal neuropathies
- Phantom Limb
- Trigger points
- Painful neuromas
- Tennis elbow syndrome and golfer’s elbow syndrome
- Painful shoulder syndrome
Advantages of cryoanalgesia:
- Microinvasive procedure, reversible effect
- High efficiency: pain reduction for 6 months to 2 years
- Simple diagnostics: fluoroscopy or echography
- Subcutaneous procedure, microinvasive under local anesthesia
- Fast return to normal activities – no hospitalization
- Can be repeated
- Low cost
- Whole range of reusable contact probes of various shapes and sizes
- Small incisions, usually leave only few little scars instead of one larger scar
- Less tissue dissection
- Less damage to surrounding muscles
- Minimal blood loss and fast healing.
- Cryoanalgesia in pain management
- Cryoanalgesia in pectus excavatum
- Laser surgery
- Laser treatment cooling device
- Sequential compression massage