Swing 1,5 µm laser, designed by Metrum Cryoflex under the EU Programme for Innovative Technologies, is the most technically advanced, and at the same time most versatile device of this kind available on the market. Exceptional characteristic of Swing laser is a unique combination of parameters: high potency of the device, optimal 1,5µm wavelength due to penetration in a hydrated tissue and the possibility to attach flexible, sterilizable optical fibers with even 200µm in diameter. It is an ideal device for minimally-invasive surgical procedures. It can be used in hysteroscopic and laparoscopic procedures as well as together with fiberscope. Swing diode laser assures better tissue homeostasis in comparison with CO2 laser. Due to the availability of a wide array of accessories, it is possible to perform surgeries in contact technique. Fiber only works at tissue contact site which limits the thermal effect only to the operated site (depth of vaporization – 0,5mm). A wide range of cannulas guiding the optical fiber enables to avoid the use of micromanipulator, indispensable in procedures with CO2 lasers.
SWING lasers in gynecology:
- Precision – perfect cutting line; slight, thermal tissue damage – mostly white coagulation.
- Safety – very good coagulation of intraoperative bleeding and the lack of postoperative bleeding.
- Versatility – one device for cutting, coagulation and vaporization.
SWING laser in open and endoscopic surgery:
- Hysterescopy and laparoscopy
- Resection of endometriosis
- Open surgery
- Coagulation of angiomas
- Laser surgery
- Laser treatment cooling device
- Sequential compression massage