Phleobological laser for Varicose Veins - EVLT
METRUM CRYOFLEX introduces a new standard in EVLT using with TWIST Diode 1940 nm. Innovative, safe and painless procedures as it has never been before.
- 290 times better absorption than 980 nm wavelength
- No risk of burns and skin discoloration
- No risk of vein perforation or carbonization
- Very high effectiveness and short recovery time
- Intuitive touch screen panel with black or white interface
- Easy and quick list of set up programs
- Possibility to create and save own programs
Wavelenght 1940 nm
Biophysics: The practical advantages of the laser with the wavelength of 1940 nm result from the high degree of absorption of laser light through interstitial water in the venous walls. Biophysical studies have confirmed the superiority of the diode laser with the wavelength of 1940 nm in this application. It is characterised with absorption rate that is 4.8 times higher than a 1470 nm laser, 70 times higher than a 1064 nm laser. and up to 290 times higher than the 980 nm laser.
EVLT with TWIST 1940 nm
Following features of the TWIST Diode laser make it matchless in EVLT procedure:
- Effective vein closure using smaller dose of energy supplied to the vein (47 J/cm on average at the power range from 4 to 6 W)
- Total lack of tissue carbonisation effect in vein and blood on the optical fibre ensuring homogeneous energy dose transfer along the entire vein. Thanks to this, the optical fibre may be used in a single procedure performed on both extremities without the need to remove char from its surface or replacing it with a new one.
- Lower energy doses result in decreased pain (compared to the therapy using laser emitting light with 1470 nm wavelength), absence of the risk of burns and the related skin discolouration effects.
- High effectiveness of treatment of 95% in the first year after treatment and 91% after three years according to scientific publications.
- No aneurysmal dilatation of the GSV stump</li
Touch screen panel for easier work
The TWIST Diode laser is controlled from very high definition touch screen with excellent colour quality and a wide field of view, all this to provide the operator with ease of use. Individual user settings can be saved in the device, allowing quick and easy selection of treatment parameters.
The laser software allows for the energy emission in continuous wave (CW) mode, where the operator, based on the ultrasound mage (on-line), retracts the optical fibre in reaction to the visible response of the vein to the emission of energy.
The device software includes a mode of operation (Phlebology) enabling control of the vein ablation process by audibly informing the operator about delivering a programmed (or pre-set) dose of energy (J/cm) to the vein, thus determining the rate of optical fibre retraction from the treated vessel (sec/cm). After generating the desired energy dose, the laser automatically signals the optical fibre relocation time. The operator using this functionality can fully concentrate on tracking the ultrasound image without the need to control the laser operation.
The use of additional equipment such as “optical fibre retractor” is unnecessary, which reduces costs and also increases the quality and safety of the procedure.
Choose the colour of the layout
Do you know that TWIST Diode laser gives you possibility to change the layout colour? Depends on situation, lighting conditions you can choose white or black interface.
Endovenous occlusion of great saphenous vain and small saphenus vain
The procedure is performed under local anesthesia either in an outpatient setting or in the operating room. The endovenous method leaves no scars, minimizes the risk of infection and post procedural pain. It also gives excellent clinical and esthetical outcome with significant cost reduction. A distinctive post procedural pain decrease can be observed after 1470 nm laser treatment due to better light absorption inside the vein (40 times better than the wave of the 980 nm laser and 160 times better than the wave of the Nd: YAG 1064 nm laser).
Endovenus occlusion of perforating veins
The endovenous technique enables to occlude perforating veins under direct vision. It is faster and more effective that classical methods. Patients tolerate procedures very well and come back to normal activity very fast. According to research conducted on 1000 patients the technique is very successful. Positive results without any side effects like skin pigmentation could be observed at all patients. The procedure can be done even when a patient is on antithrombotic medications or suffers from circulatory incompetence.
EVLT- Ulceration treatment
- Endovenous approach: Under fluoroscopic guidance we introduce the catheter with thin optical fiber through the feeding vein on the ulceration site. Then, the feeding vein is enlightened on its entire length. The nonreversible laser ablation leads to the vessel occlusion and speeds up the healing processes.
- Percutaneous approach: Laser light is a well-known cure for faster healing of many injuries in cases of microcirculation reduction because it stimulates cellular growth. During the procedure, the injury is radiated crosswise on low power levels with the large spot ending. The photo stimulation is highly effective in diabetic foot treatment.
- Congenital venous malformations. By means of a mini incision, the selected fiber was introduced in the interior of the malformation and laser was applied on as much endothelial surface as possible,controlling emission of heat onto the skin.
360° RADIAL TIP FIBER produced by METRUM CRYOFLEX applies energy faster and more accurately than any other fiber type in the endovenous market. FIBER (360°) used with SWING LASER ensures
energy emission that guarantees homogenous photothermal destruction of the vein wall, allowing safe closure of the vein. By avoiding perforation of the vein wall and associated thermal irritation of the surrounding tissue, intra- and post-operative pain is minimized, as are echymosis and other side-effects.
RADIAL FIBER provides simple and safe control and positioning of the fiber thanks to the excellent ultrasound visibility of the distal end of the fiber.
RADIAL FIBER is equipped with safety markings for optimal control of the pullback process.
- Cryoanalgesia in pain management
- Cryoanalgesia in pectus excavatum
- Laser surgery
- Laser treatment cooling device
- Sequential compression massage